- Make all your mp3 files the same volume level without compromising existing audio quality using mp3gain (see the included help file for step-by-step How To... instructions)
- Copy video DVDs to a folder or an .ISO using DVDFab HD Decrypter
- Mount ISO CD & DVD images using a CDROM emulator using Virtual Clonedrive (license allows for business _and_ personal use)
- Create data CD & data DVD ISO files (the entire disc in one file) using the READ MODE in ImgBurn
(ImgBurn can also burn .ISO files in WRITE MODE)
- Create PDF files using PDFCreator (here's how to get PDFCreator to work with Vista)
- Download using the BitTorrent protocol with the µTorrent software
- Use VLC to playback nearly any audio or video file _without_ installing additional codecs
- Make Flash video tutorials/walkthroughs to share with colleagues using Debugmode's Wink software (also free for business and personal use)
Friday, June 29, 2007
I was in a class last week with several windows admins who unaware of some great windows programs, so I thought these programs used for common tasks might be worth linking to here. I use at least one of the programs listed on a near daily basis, especially VLC & PDFCreator. All these programs are free, but not all are open source.
Wednesday, June 06, 2007
Linux Journal has a great article detailing some of the rendering specifics of Shrek 3. Some of the highlights include a 2Gbps network, use of NFS & LAMP, RHEL 4, use of Python, 24TB of storage, and a corollary to Moore's Law.